At AISIN, we strive to give our customers the very best in quality, value and innovation. Recently during Toyota Motor North America’s virtual Annual Supplier Business Meeting, several Aisin companies were recognized for their performance excellence. Our relationship with Toyota, established more than 50 years ago, has allowed for the development of some of the most advanced and dependable products now equipped on millions of Toyota and Lexus vehicles around the globe. Here’s the lineup of the Toyota awards presented to Aisin:
- An “Excellent Technology and Development Award” was presented to Aisin Technical Center of America (ATCA) for RWD 10-speed automatic transmission development
- An “Excellent Technology and Development Award” was presented to ATCA for development of the kick sensor beep function
- An “Excellent Quality Award” was presented to Aisin Electronics Illinois for their various ECUs and sensors.
- An “Excellent Quality Award” was presented to Aisin Chemical Indiana for their automatic transmission clutch plates.
- An “Excellent Value Chain Promotion Award” was presented to Aisin World Corp. of America (AWA)
- And, an “Excellent Value-Added Achievement Award” was presented to both AWA and ATCA
In addition, Aisin became only the sixth company in Toyota history to receive the big one… the prestigious “Total Exceptional Achievement for Manufacturing (TEAM) Award.” This was the highest honor of the year and was presented to Aisin for its “exceptional efforts to adapt and support Toyota’s production needs throughout the pandemic.
“We recognize the many challenges our supplier partners have faced throughout the last year and we greatly appreciate Aisin’s strong collaboration and continuous improvement mindset to persevere through these extremely difficult times,” said Robert Young, Group Vice President, TMNA R&D Purchasing Supplier Development. “We’re pleased to recognize your outstanding contributions; thank you, as always, for your strong collaboration and support.”
AWA President & CEO Scott Turpin accepted the award on behalf of the dedicated Aisin team members who made the awards possible. The complete presentation can be seen below:
To celebrate the Toyota Performance Awards, the AWA office in Northville, Mich., held a small gathering of team members who watched the awards presentation online and enjoyed popcorn and beverages provided by Senior Vice President Brad Owens, who leads the Toyota Sales Team at AWA.
Congratulations to all the team members throughout North America that strive for excellence every day to make customer recognitions like these possible.